A screw conveyor consists of a helical screw, also referred to as flighting, housed inside a tube or trough. As the helical screw flighting turns and rotates, the product is pushed through and along the enclosure.
Screw conveyors are used to effectively move product in bulk quantities and can be used to convey material horizontally, at an incline or decline or even vertically. This versatility makes screw conveyors are one of the most reliable methods of product conveyance.
Screw conveyors can be manufactured in a wide range of sizes, lengths and configurations. We can supply screw conveyors in mild steel or stainless steel, to suit the client’s requirement.
The two most common configurations available are tube screw conveyors and trough screw conveyors.
TUBE SCREW CONVEYOR
A tube screw conveyor, also known as an auger, is comprised of a helical screw flight housed inside a cylindrical tube. A tube screw is a fully enclosed conveyor.
TROUGH SCREW CONVEYOR
A trough screw conveyor consists of a helical screw flight, that sits inside of a U-shaped trough. A trough screw conveyor can be accessed via a lid.
ADVANTAGES OF SCREW CONVEYORS
- Robust design
- Cost-effective means of transporting product
- Available in mild steel or stainless steel
- Wide range of sizes, lengths and configurations available
- Manufactured to suit the application
- Can be supplied with multiple inlet and discharge points
- Used effectively to move a wide range of bulk, free-flowing and sluggish products