SCREW CONVEYORS FOR BULK HANDLING
Screw conveyors are typically used for the bulk handling of free-flowing products such as grain, cereals, feed, woodchips, powders, sand and cement. Also known as auger conveyors, these conveyors can also be used to move non-free flowing material.
A screw conveyor consists of a helical screw, also referred to as flighting, housed inside a tube or trough. As the helical screw flighting turns and rotates, the product is pushed through and along the enclosure.
Screw conveyors are used to effectively move product in large volumes quantities and can be used to convey material horizontally, at an incline or decline or even vertically. This versatility makes screw conveyors one of the most reliable methods of product conveyance.
We supply screw conveyors in mild steel or stainless steel, in a wide range of sizes, lengths and configurations. The two most common types of screw conveyors are tube and trough conveyors.
Tube screw conveyor, also known as an auger, is a fully enclosed conveyor comprising of a helical screw flight housed inside a cylindrical tube.
Trough screw conveyor consists of a helical screw flight inside of a U-shaped trough, which can be accessed via a lid.
ADVANTAGES OF SCREW CONVEYORS
- Robust design
- Cost-effective means of transporting product
- Available in mild steel or stainless steel
- Wide range of sizes, lengths and configurations available
- Manufactured to suit the application
- Can be supplied with multiple inlet and discharge points
- Used effectively to move a wide range of bulk, free-flowing and sluggish products