Industries that Use the Conveyor Belt and Similar Systems
As mentioned, the conveyor system is useful in a range of industries, thanks to its versatility of use:
- A conveyor belt can transport materials between two locations on different levels. This would be difficult, strenuous, and inefficient when done through human labour.
- Conveyor manufacturers are able to install these systems almost anywhere. It is also done much more safely than a forklift or some other means of conveyance.
- A suitable conveyance method is able to move loads of many shapes, sizes, and weights. Additionally, modern systems have required safety features that reduce accidents.
- The range of options available for conveyor design is high. From system design and fabrication to final installation.
The nature of the systems provided by conveyor manufacturers are multi-purpose. Indeed, their utility extends to a massive number of industries. The mining, automotive, agricultural, food processing, and packaging industries are a few.
Benefits of a Conveyor System Over Other Conveyance Methods
As mentioned, good conveyor design allows for massive advantages over other conveyance methods. This especially includes human labour or machinery.
- Conveyance from one elevation to another, or separate levels in a building is easier. Moving huge loads on one end to their destination occurs within a matter of seconds. Conversely, this would take other methods a matter of hours to complete.
- Conveyor technologies can move conveyances in either direction. This is especially useful over long distances. In this way, they can drop the need for two conveyor systems moving in either direction.
- Conveyors enjoy the advantage of efficiency and simplicity. A conveyor system is energy efficient compared to other means of conveyance. It also has an efficient design. This is thanks to the small number of moving parts.
- Modern conveyors utilise impact and wear resistant materials in their construction. Those that convey heavy loads need durable parts to avoid breakdowns from wear.
- The safety aspect of a system utilising a conveyor belt or similar system is important. Conveyor technologies change with the ever-increasing priority of workplace safety.
Growth in the Usage of Conveyor Technologies
The conveyor system has seen an increasing demand over time. The value of these systems means they are the most effective and efficient available.
Conveyor manufacturers most often supply line shaft roller conveyors, chain conveyors, and others. Additionally, the commercial and civil sectors have an increasing need for conveyors. They tool them into baggage handlers at airports, and conveyance at shopping malls.
Facet Engineering, Professional Conveyor Manufacturers
Facet Engineering are leaders in not just conveyance, but also process engineering. We design, manufacture, and install plant and machinery as they relate to our business.
Our expertise is thanks to a many years spent working with process systems. This also extends to materials handling systems and conveyor systems.
We are able to provide our clients with their process and conveyance needs. This includes individual machines to complete turnkey projects. Additionally, we customise them to meet client specifications.
En.wikipedia.org. (2018). Conveyor belt. [online] Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conveyor_belt [Accessed 7 May 2018].
En.wikipedia.org. (2018). Conveyor system. [online] Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conveyor_system [Accessed 7 May 2018].
DDS CONVEYOR & AUTOMATION. (2018). BENEFITS OF USING A CONVEYOR SYSTEM – DDS CONVEYOR & AUTOMATION. http://ddsconveyorinc.com/2016/10/20/benefits-using-conveyor-system/ [Accessed 7 May 2018].